Thursday, May 8, 2008

"Skiier v.s. Snowboarder Battle"

The other day when I was skiing at Arapahoe Basin, I was on the chair lift with a man that was hating on snowboarders. The skier vs. snowboarder battle has been going on for as long as I can remember. I snowboarded for several years before I picked up skiing for the second time. When I started snowboarding, the sport was relatively new.

I remember feeling like I was such a nuisance to the skiers on the mountain. As a skier now, I definitely don’t have anything against snowboarders. I think it’s silly that so many skiers only look at snowboarders as punk, stoner kids whose main goal is to ruin the skiers day.

Many of my friends that I ski with are snowboarders; however, there is something to be said about skiing with another awesome skier that has similar taste.

No comments: