Monday, March 10, 2008

"Highers Prices, Higher Quality"

Why is it that even when Vail Ski Resort raises their lift ticket prices to $92; the highest in the nation, people still continue to come back? I remember when I used to ski with my family several years back and prices were $20 to $30 cheaper, and we still thought that was pretty outrageous. Today taking your family on a ski trip is one of the most expensive vacations you could possibly take.

Many Colorado residents who buy seasons passes and live near the mountains take for granted the fact that they have gotten their money’s worth within a month. Then again, many people who live in the mountains only ski for a couple hours at a time.

Vail Mountain was recently ranked the second-best ski resort in North America and ski-industry analyst, Nolan Rosall, feels that the skiers are getting higher quality and the price reflects that. I can agree with his feelings towards Vail Mountain. If I just can out to Colorado to ski once a year, I would choose to spend the extra money to be sure that I’m going to have the best experience possible.

No comments: